Monday, July 12, 2010

My Role In Creating A Peaceful World (a)


A BETTER WORLD
     What does peaceful means? For me, it means a state of harmony among people or groups. It also means a quiet and calm country. My role in creating a peaceful world is to be an open- minded person, mixing with all the races and being a well moraled person.
     Being an open-minded person will enable me to be ready to take in new ideas which are given by other people or for me to receive some facts. Getting new ideas from others should be taken as an advice. I should not be a fussy or a choosy person because if I am a fussy or a choosy person, I will not be able to talk to other races. If I am also a fussy person, I will end up in fights. I must have a good communication with others.
      Next thing I need to do is mixing with all the races. I should mix with everybody either Malay, or Chinese or Indian. If they go in the wrong way, I should give them some advice, motivation or campaign. If I mix with all the races, I can organize a group. This group is to gather people and do some activities among the neighbours or friends such as cleaning up the environment near the house. It creates a very good relationship and it is not polluted, so we can get fresh air and stay healthy and in peaceful condition. Other than cleaning up the environment, we should do some planting at home to get some clean air and fresh oxygen. Organizing campaigns such as being a well moraled person is also helpful. Refraining people from taking drugs, smoking and also involve in motorbike races are encouraged to promote a peaceful world. .
     Other than being an open-minded person or mixing with all the people from different backgrounds, I should help people such as giving some food, medicine and shelter. I also can help the blind people by helping them to read or do some other chores. I also should respect the old people. If they are talking, I should not interrupt or disturb them. When they ask for help, I should help them. I should talk to them politely and not to shout at them. I should not ask them to do for me any work or ask them to take things for me. I should communicate with them as my parents although they are of different races and religions.
       Next, to create a peaceful world, I should pray that these incidents to be stopped - war against nations, political groups fighting with one another and among themselves, neighbours quarrel with one another and family members who do not speak to one another for months. Besides all these things, there are also cheating and killing each another. Religious groups can, and have, in the name of their religion persecute and kill those who do not agree with them. Ideological differences are the main factor causing the squabble between political parties. Family members may not speak to one another because some of them want to run the lives of the other. These differences between people are the reason why we have so many different political groups, religious sects, martial arts, private clubs and so on. Everybody prefers that things are done according to their wishes.
       Nobody likes to be told that their opinion is wrong. A lot of people are not satisfied with what they have. They manipulate things to get what they want. Others do the same. Unavoidably they will step onto one another’s toe. There is need for tolerance and respect. We have to learn to tolerate and respect other people’s opinions and ideas. They are inescapable facts of life simply because we are all different person, physically and mentally. There is no need to cause further differences by insisting that only our opinions are correct and others are all wrong. It only makes the situation worse.
      Then it comes to the matter of living together in this world of ours. Do we really want peace? Do we really want to live together without fighting with one another? If it is so please don’t fight then we can have a peaceful world.
      Here are some slogans which I would like to impart, “sharing is the heart of living”, “power to the peaceful”, “pray for peace” and “one peaceful earth”.
                                                                                                                   
By Dhashwinnie a/p Raveintharan
     2 Gemilang                                                                           

No comments: