Monday, July 12, 2010

My Role In Creating A Peaceful World


A HOPE, A DREAM

                I was walking around a beautiful garden with lots of blooming flowers and fresh air. There was a river nearby. The river was very clear that I could see the fish playing with their friends. There was also a jungle nearby. The air here was much better than the air before. I saw children playing at the playground nearby happily. They reminded me about the innocent children that were killed in Palestine. I just wish I could go there and help all the children that are suffering for food and shelter. I walked nearer to the playground. Suddenly, I felt that my feet were not touching the ground anymore. I looked down. I was floating in the air! I could fly! Now that I can fly, I will use this power to go to Palestine and help the children. So there I go.
Is this Palestine? Where are the suffering children? Where are the panicked people that wanted to save their family members from being killed? Why is it so peaceful? I can’t believe what I am seeing. Palestine is now a peaceful country! But how could this be? Am I still on earth? Although I am still confused, I am happy for the children here. Now they can run and play happily. I love the quietness here and the fresh air too. Suddenly the tranquility was disrupted by a loud but familiar sound. It was my alarm clock!
Ring!!!!! It was half past six already and I need to get ready for my morning prayers. After performing my prayers, I went to the kitchen to eat my breakfast. Then I took the newspaper and read it. In today’s newspaper, there is an article about the war in Palestine. I remembered my dream about the peaceful Palestine. How much I wish that my dream could be a reality. But people nowadays are selfish. They are just thinking about themselves. They just wanted to have instant benefits for them. Don’t they think what will happen to the other people and the environment? The Palestine people are also human beings. They have feelings and families. Don’t the Israeli feel pity for the children when they boomed Palestine? Suddenly my mom asked me to accompany her to the town to buy some groceries. So I put the newspaper down on the dining table and went into the car.
I was waiting while my mom talking to her friend at a restaurant that she met at the groceries shop. Near the restaurant there was a river. The river was full of rubbish and the smell was really unpleasant. Oh, I remembered about the river and the air in my dream that was really clean. I just wish the air here could be as fresh as the air in my dream, and the river was as clear as a crystal. Why do people never think about the importance of nature? Don’t they know that nature is really important to our next generation and us?
I’m in my room, thinking what small steps that I can take to make this world a peaceful world. Hmm, I think I can donate some money, clothes and others for the people in Palestine. I should boycott fast food restaurant that help the Israel. This way the Israel economy will decrease in number.  I should not be selfish and just think of the benefits for myself that make others suffer. I should respect other religions so that there will not be any conflicts with other religions. I should work together with my family, friends and teachers to think of a drastic way to help the people in Palestine.
What about the environment? I should not throw rubbish anywhere I like, such as in the river, in the sea and in the drain. I should reduce the using of car and use public transport instead. I also should reduce the usage of air-conditioner and other things that produce carbon dioxide. I should not use too much paper and recycle all the things that can be recycled such as newspapers, aluminium cans and plastic bottles. Lastly, I should use a recycled bag when shopping instead of using the plastic bags that take a long time to decompose.
With all these small steps, I hope I can make this world a peaceful world. But I think I can’t do this alone, every people also need to follow these small steps to make the world serene and calm.
By:Aisyah Nadia binti Badrul Hisham 
SMK Ampang Pecah, Kuala Kubu Bharu.

No comments: